Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Long Time Between Drinks - errr Blogs

Long time between blogs!

Just sitting at the kitchen table, watching the fish swimming around the fish tank, and realized I've been ultimately slack in keeping any updates feeding into my part of the world... Given no-one's given me any grief about it, I figure it shows how many people actually READ the crap I type!!!

Let's see if I can sum up the past 3 months quickly.

December, just before Christmas - started seeing someone.

January
  • worked through the Christmas break, finalising the design for the Vic Roads Dealer Online System remediation project that has been all encompassing for the past few months...
  • Implemented the remediated Driver Online System for Vic Roads
February
  • Started back onto the Vic Roads Driver Licensing System remediation design...
  • Researched and planned a 4WD trip to Cape York
  • Did something I vowed never to do - got my Jetski endorsement for my boat drivers license.
  • Spent 10 days on a Luxury on the Murray Houseboat, on the Murray River, starting with the Southern 80 ski race, and finishing with the Echuca Moama Wine and Jazz Festival.
  • Discovered, that even though I'm 15 years older and 15 kg heavier than the last time I tried, I CAN still ski on a slalom water ski!
  • Also discovered that if you start drinking beer at 7.30 am on a 44 degree day, you can drink 30 cans and still not be pissed by 2.30 the following morning!
  • Made some great new friends, who live in the Echuca area!!
  • Spent a weekend in the Victorian High Country with my sister and brother-in-law, and some great friends I have met through www.offroadsubarus.com
  • Became single again

March
  • Went on a Sun Microsystems training course - three days of training to get a free t-shirt!! (although their hardware is VERY cool)
  • More time with my new mates in Echuca
  • Lots more time working on the last of 4 Vic Roads projects.

No comments: