Sunday, September 3, 2006

Windows Vista RC1

Hi Folks,

Cell Phone Overkill

Have been looking for a new mobile for quite some time now, and I think Blaugh have summed it up perfectly!!!

Anyways, it's been a while since I've had time to blog anything... A fair bit has happened though... Mum has had neuro surgery to insert some carbon-fibre disks in her neck - all good! Fiona and Wayne are back from Japan - all good!

Even today, I'm not so sure that I have anything worthy of blogging, however I've installed Vista RC1 on a spare laptop, that I was given...

Thus far, on a P4 2.0 GHz processor, with 512 MB of RAM, I've managed to bluescreen it once (trying to install Firefox), but all else aside, it seems pretty stable ... little slow, but that's to be expected, as there will be heaps of bugcheck code in the OS...

I haven't been able to convince eTrust to install on it, so at this stage, I have no antivirus control - I'm hoping that the free edition of AVG will install on it...

... 5 minutes later ...

Well, AVG is installed, and up and running with very little issue... Even managed an automatic update - who says free software isn't a good thing!!! :-)

Now, onto other matters...

The Melbourne Storm, last night, took out the NRL minor premiership, which was already pre-determined 3 weeks back, when they were 4 games out... I feel kinda bad about the season gone, as I didn't manage to get to a game, despite best intentions, and going to every home game for 2 years, starting 3 years back, as well as going to a few games last year...

All things being well, I will go to the first round final next week, which is going to be a home game in Melbourne, played at Olympic Park

No comments: